Who doesn’t love a delicious, creamy bowl of mac and cheese? The traditional recipe can take a while to make, but with the Instant Pot, you can have a comforting bowl of mac and cheese in just a few minutes. This Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe is easy, creamy, and absolutely delicious.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In the Instant Pot, add the elbow macaroni and water. Stir to make sure the macaroni is completely covered with water.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Stir well.
- Add the unsalted butter on top of the macaroni mixture. Close the Instant Pot lid, and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, do a quick release of pressure.
- Remove the Instant Pot lid, and add the evaporated milk, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese to the macaroni mixture. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Put the Instant Pot on sauté mode, and continue to stir the mac and cheese until the cheese has melted and the sauce is creamy.
- Serve the mac and cheese immediately, garnished with extra grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley if desired.
This Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe is a game-changer for busy weeknights or when you’re craving comfort food. It’s easy to make and takes a fraction of the time compared to the traditional stove-top recipe. The best part is that it’s creamy, cheesy, and absolutely delicious. Try this recipe out, and it may just become your go-to mac and cheese recipe.
Leave a Comment