Orange chicken is a popular Chinese-American dish that is loved for its sweet and tangy flavors. This dish is usually served with rice, and its sticky sauce is something that everyone craves for. The good news is that now you can make this delicious dish at home with an Instant Pot. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of making Instant Pot Orange Chicken step-by-step.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, toss the chicken pieces with 1/2 cup of cornstarch until the chicken is completely coated.
- Press the “Saute” button on your Instant Pot and add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the coated chicken pieces and cook until they are golden brown and crispy. This should take about 5-6 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the orange juice, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Mix well until everything is fully combined.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the Instant Pot and stir until the chicken is coated with the sauce.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and press the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” button. Set the timer for 5 minutes on high pressure. Once the timer goes off, do a quick release of the pressure.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp of cornstarch and 1 tbsp of water. Once the pressure has been released from the Instant Pot, open the lid and press the “Saute” button again. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and stir until the sauce has thickened. This should only take a minute or two.
- Serve the orange chicken over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired.
Conclusion: Instant Pot Orange Chicken is a delicious and easy recipe to make at home. With the help of your Instant Pot, you can have this restaurant-style dish on your table in under 30 minutes. The sweet and tangy flavors of the sauce pair perfectly with the crispy chicken. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the recipe and adjust the amount of spice or sweetness to your liking. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment