Beef and broccoli is a classic Chinese dish that is loved by many. However, making this dish at home can be a bit time-consuming, and the traditional stir-fry method requires constant attention. But, with the help of an Instant Pot, you can make this dish in a fraction of the time and with much less effort. In this recipe, I’ll show you how to make a delicious and healthy Instant Pot beef and broccoli dish that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe:
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and black pepper. Toss the sliced beef in the mixture until it is coated evenly.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to the sauté mode and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the beef and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until it is browned on all sides.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, and beef broth.
- Pour the mixture over the beef in the Instant Pot and stir until the beef is coated in the sauce.
- Add the broccoli florets to the Instant Pot, but do not stir them in. Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, do a quick release of the pressure and carefully open the lid. Stir the beef and broccoli together until they are evenly coated in the sauce.
- Serve the beef and broccoli over a bed of rice and enjoy!
Conclusion: Making Instant Pot beef and broccoli is an easy and healthy way to enjoy a classic Chinese dish at home. With just a few simple ingredients and the help of an Instant Pot, you can have a delicious and nutritious meal on the table in no time. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and the leftovers make for a great lunch the next day. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy a flavorful and satisfying meal that is sure to become a family favorite!