Slow cookers are a great way to make healthy, home-cooked meals without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. They’re perfect for busy families or anyone who wants to come home to a hot, homemade meal after a long day.
One of the best things about slow cookers is that they’re incredibly versatile. You can use them to prepare everything from stews and soups to roasts and casseroles. They’re also great for cooking grains and rice, making yogurt, and even baking bread.
So, if you are looking for a slow cooker, you might be wondering if a Hamilton Beach slow cooker is better than a Proctor Silex slow cooker. In this article, we’ll compare the two models to help you decide which one is best for you. Both models are known for making delicious recipes, but there are some key differences between them. Let’s begin with a detailed comparison table.
Hamilton Beach slow cooker Vs Proctor Silex slow cooker Comparison Table
Features Hamilton Beach 6 Qt Slow Cooker Proctor Silex 33043 Slow Cooker
Dimensions 12x17x11.87 Inches 11.8x11.8x9.5 Inches
Material Stainless Steel + Stoneware Stainless Steel + Stoneware
Capacity 6 Quart 4 Quart
Control Dial & Buttons Dial Only
Cooking Programs / Settings Slow Cook, Sous Vide, Braise, Simmer & Yogurt Slow Cook (Low & High), Keep Warm
Integrated Temperature Probe Yes No
Glass Lid Yes Yes
Lid Lock Yes No
Dishwasher Safe Yes Yes
Oven Safe Yes (Only the stoneware) Yes (Only the stoneware)
Warranty 1 year 1 Year
Check Price on Amazon Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
Key Differences between Hamilton Beach slow cooker Vs Proctor silex Slow cooker
- Hamilton Beach slow cooker has 6 Quart capacity whereas Proctor Silex comes with a 4 Quart cooking capacity.
- Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker is programmable and offers slow cook, sous vide, braise, simmer and yogurt function whereas Proctor Silex is Manual with just two temperature settings and a keep warm feature.
- Hamilton Beach cooker comes with lid lock whereas Proctor Silex slow cooker is without lid locks.
- One significant difference is that Hamilton Beach slow cooker comes with a digital temperature probe while Proctor Silex doesn’t share this feature. In fact, Proctor Silex doesn’t have a digital display to show any sort of progress (time or temperature) at all.
Key features of Hamilton Beach 33866 Portable 6-Quart Set & Forget Digital Programmable Slow Cooker
- 6 Quart Cooking Capacity
- Incredible and practical design
- Looks sleek and stylish on most kitchen counters
- Temperature tracking thermometer
- Excellent cooking performance
- Integrated Temperature Probe: Track Your Food’s Temperature With the Probe, Minimizing the Chances of Overcooking and Helping to Ensure Food Safety When Cooking Beef, Pork & Poultry
- Multiple Cooking Functions: Cook on Low, Medium or High With or Without the Probe; When the Food Is Ready, the Slow Cooker Shifts to Keep Warm or Holds It at the Selected Temperature
- Large cooking capacity
- Lid-lock for safe cooking
- See through glass lid
- User friendly controls
- Digital thermometer
- Lid needs extra care because it might break
- Exterior gets pretty hot while cooking
Key Features Proctor-Silex 33043 4-Quart Slow Cooker
- 4 Quart cooking capacity
- 2 (Low and high) temperature settings
- A keep warm setting
- Dishwasher safe
- Provide consistent cooking results
- Convenient to use and clean
- Dishwasher safe inner pot
- Budget friendly
- Compact and space saver
- Exterior gets quite hot
- No indicator, no timer
- No other cooking settings
Verdict: Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker Vs Proctor Silex
The Proctor Silex is a great basic slow cooker for those just starting out or who are looking for an extra appliance. It has two heat settings and a removable pot making it easy to clean. The Hamilton Beach offers more features, including programmable cooking times and automatic keep warm mode, which may be important to some consumers. Also, it offers 5 cooking functions such as slow cook, sous vide, braise, simmer & yogurt.
Ultimately, both of these appliances will do the job of slow cooking food, so the choice comes down to personal preference. If you’re looking for something simple with no bells and whistles, go with the Proctor Silex 33043 slow cooker. If you want more options and features, choose the Hamilton Beach 33866 programmable slow cooker.
How to Maintain Your Slow Cooker for Optimal Use
A slow cooker is a staple in many kitchens because of its versatility and ease of use. Whether you’re cooking for a large family or want to create healthy meals ahead of time, a slow cooker can be your best friend. But like all cooking appliances, a slow cooker requires some maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Here are three simple tips for maintaining your slow cooker.
Keep it clean.
One of the most important things you can do to maintain your slow cooker is to keep it clean. After each use, wash the pot and lid with warm, soapy water. If you notice any food build-up on the pot or lid, soak it in warm water with dish soap for a few minutes before scrubbing. It’s also important to clean the outside of your slow cooker periodically. Wipe down the housing unit with a damp cloth to remove any fingerprints or spills.
Replace the liner as needed
The liner is what holds the food as it cooks, so it’s an important part of the slow cooker. Liners are made of ceramic or aluminum and over time they can become scratched or cracked, which can affect how well your food cooks. If you notice any damage to your liner, replace it with a new one before using your slow cooker again.
Don’t overload it.
When you’re using your slow cooker, be sure not to fill it more than two-thirds full. This will allow enough room for the food to circulate and cook evenly. If you try to cook too much food at once, you may end up with unevenly cooked meals or even damage your slow cooker. So when in doubt, less is more!
By following these simple tips, you can keep your slow cooker in top condition for years to come. Whether you’re cooking for one person or a large family, a well-maintained slow cooker will make mealtime a breeze. Do you have any tips for maintaining a slow cooker? Share them in the comments below!